Popular Posts

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Filled right to the brim; more than content

So last night (this morning?) I stayed up, again, to watch the sun rise. And smartypants me, I grabbed my journal and ran outside so I could capture the feeling. And smartypants me ran through the wet grass like an idiot, to find that my step dad was standing on the front porch, starting at me like I'm an idiot. Which I am. But it was wonderful.

This is what I got.

I can feel the world coming back to me.
Dusty blue, deep turquoise, faded baby pinks highlighting the clouds. Steady shining moon, breaking through the morning dew. Sweet bitter cold, nipping at breathing skin. Sky and heart connecting. Wake up.
I am in love. I am in love with this precious world around me, croaking frogs and twinkling stars.That's enough for me. Whether or not i have someone to share it with... this is enough for me.
Never have I tasted air so sweet, nor as fresh. Never have I seen nature such as this.
This is bliss.
This is beautiful.
Everything is glowing with dawn.
Mist rises from the crisp earth, meeting in the middle with the sky that is just as perfect.
Bliss.
From soaking blades of grass, to the sturdy uneven concrete, feet dance with resistance.
Bright cerulean clashing with puffs of salmon, streaking and exploding across the vast skies. Like careful strokes of wings, rising against the still air. Still... like the clouds, massive and powerful, but steady.
Frozen toes nor "battery low" can sway my heart from overflowing with peace. Bright and proud I rise. I reach out to individuals, not as a whole. Filling at each stop, with love.
Bliss.
Good morning crows, as you kiss the clouds. The cold is refreshing and rejuvenating. Never bitter. Awe and splendor as the sun comes to brushed the horizon. Never have I seen such splendor...
Clouds fade to porcelain, sky to clear and even blue. It is the wings of love that swish and swirl the skies, those wings that add the life to this planet.
This home.
This Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment